Wednesday, August 31, 2016

it's never too late.

i'm 31 years old and have yet to ever properly use a planner.
along with the tub of journals i have accumulated over the years, my affinity for beautiful planners and my lack of restraint when purchasing... well... anything... landed me with this beauty late last year. the design, the color palette, the everything had me so excited to start actually organizing my life and it worked! for the first few months, it actually worked! and then... it just kind of moved around the house with me. always at the ready to have my plans and events and appointments jotted down on. and sometimes i'd go back to using it again for a few weeks, but then slowly, i'd back off. my poor, beautiful planner, left sitting on the coffee table or my desk or the kitchen counter or tucked in my purse, eagerly awaiting the next time i'd open 'er up and start planning. organizing. doing.
my love affair with planners and my unwillingness to make a long term relationship out of them probably has some deep meaning, an underlying issue that's been bubbling at the surface for a good portion of my life. a darkness that's crying to see the light. my inability to follow through.
or maybe it's just that i'm not that kind of a person. i don't like to be tied down to something and need to feel free to flow with the winds of change in order to feel content.
jesus... i'm talking about a damn day planner... where is this even going??
that's the great thing about life though, right? change. and the ability to do so at a moments notice. like this... we're smack in the middle of the end of summer and the beginning of fall right here... in between these two months. the end of summer is so palpable you can almost taste it. the crisp air and dew on my car in the morning. the windows open and the need for air conditioning dwindling. it all signifies the end of the season and the sadness that comes with that. but those crisp mornings and open windows also mark the beginning of something new. fall is coming.
i guess what I'm trying to say in my typically long winded fashion is, is that it's never too late to start something. to use your day planner.

No comments:

Post a Comment