Monday, January 11, 2016

it starts.

how funny it is that you somehow forget all of the bad parts of pregnancy as soon as that cute little cherub pops into the world. I've just been smacked in the face with glorious exhaustion (the kind that is almost painful) and I'm suddenly remembering... yes. this part sucked. the body aching, crawl under my desk, can't hold my eyes open for another moment exhaustion. ugh.

when I look back on my pregnancy with Lucy, it is most definitely through rose colored glasses. yes I was tired, but never that tired. yes I was nauseous, but never too nauseous. all emotions and symptoms came and went with the greatest of ease and then my beautiful baby girl was born. BUT I seem to so easily forget those many days in the beginning that I crawled under my desk and slept for 20 minutes or that time I threw up in my garbage can or right outside of that restaurant or in the bathroom of that other restaurant for 15 minutes (tomatoes... oh the tomatoes.) or the many times I cried and thought to myself, "this is weird. I'm not even sure what I'm crying about" or the countless times I was 2 seconds from my head spinning exercise style because of something my husband said.

No comments:

Post a Comment