Monday, January 18, 2016

christmas (a few weeks late...)

how was your holiday? ours was insane. absolutely insane, but when is it not. and now, adding Lucy into the mix, it was glorious and exciting and tiring and stressful and the best. the very best. this little stink neck makes life so much better and the holidays only make it that more evident. ugh I just can't stop talking about my little love! anywhosies.  

Lu gave us (me) the best gift of all... she slept in till 8:30! toot toot! of course that doesn't mean ish for me, seeing as that sleeping in has never been a talent of mine, especially since having a baby. but! it allowed me a few hours by myself to lay around and gaze at our tree (probably the best tree we've ever had. seriously. it's still in it's stand, right outside our kitchen windows so I can still loving look at it whenever I want.). goddamn I love that tree.
kevan and lucy woke around the same time, he made some tea, then it was present time. oh... and it only took like 13 attempts to get this not-as-horrible-as-the-rest shot.  
so excited about her new wubba that she went cross-eyed! other than wrapping paper, this was by far her favorite gift. and oh my god aren't her socks too cute?? my neighbor Tracy bought them and another pair at a craft fair. these ones have a big ol' santa head on the toes that she loves to grab at :)
after we opened gifts at our house, we went to my parents for breakfast and more presents (ah! the season of giving!). my grandparents stay with them whenever they're in town, which is so, so, so great. they truly are the best and I am incredibly grateful that I get to spend a little extra time with them.
my dad and Lu. being all cute and stuff. he and that little girl are as thick as thieves. there is not much in this world that is cuter than watching them together.
after my parents, we hoped over to my in-law's for brunch and more presents (ah! the season of the ever expanding waist line...). the queen was there! does that mask not look so real? it was unbelievable how life-like all of the pictures were coming out (other than the eyes, of course. they kind of give it away...haha).
Kevan's sweetest grandma Pat held Lucy and kept cooing "how bout that. how bout that" and my heart melted over and over and over again.
we ended the day, relaxing downstairs. napping, watching movies, hanging with our main Winnie. it was pretty great.
pretty damn great.





No comments:

Post a Comment