Tuesday, November 8, 2016

morning off.

there was a power outage at work! and it was awesome because i hadn't even gotten out of my pajamas! so instead of stumbling out of the house at 7:30 gross, i was home with my number one... and two... girls until almost noon! squeak!

!!!

so aside from my obvious excitement at being able to stay home with my babes, mornings with my girl are my absolute favorite and oddly enough... trying out new breakfasts with her is a big part of that. i've always been a huge proponent of introducing lucy to as much diverse flavor as possible. trying to expand her little palette in hopes that she won't be super picky and for the most part, it's worked... fingers crossed, wood knocked.
 
one thing that i like to mess with, because it's easy is adding things to her eggs in the morning. this morning i put in a few dashes of dill and cajun spice before whipping up the eggs and slow scrambling them. oh so good. the cajun spice isn't hot spicy, which is perfect for a baby's mouth and offers a round flavor... a little more edge than plain old eggs (which is all that my husband makes for her ugh). she also loooooves avocados and toast, but avocado toast? not a fan. i'm pretty sure winnie was handed those. 
mmmmmmm... there's nothing like wheat grass in the morning :) for real though... one of my girlfriend's girlfriend swears by a glass of wheat grass in the morning. i can't remember the brand... it's organic and tastes like horse hay.... but it's honestly unreal. one glass in the morning will give me more than enough energy to last the day... WITHOUT coffee! say what! the only reason that i had that delicious starbucks brew out this particular morning was because I had to drink it before it went bad... woa is me. really though... amazon that ish. it's awesome. organic wheat grass for the win. oh... and brekkie with the winnies and a little frozen ain't bad either. 
aaaaand i had to post these because awwww! so cute!  
happy Halloween (a week late...)!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment